Saturday, May 23, 2009

Love Is In The Air

Mr. & Mrs. Nick Toben
Love is in the air (I thought something smelled funny)! Last night we went to my cousins wedding in Baton Rouge and it was very nice, as expected. We got so see some family, not the entire family 'cause it usually takes an act of God to get us all together, but enough. We left Justin with Donny's brother so we could actually enjoy the event and we did. The reception was way too short though, and the drink line way too long! There was lots of dancing and my aunts all got out there and cut a rug (except for Imelda who was injured). Donny and I did not dance; during the one couples only dance they had he was out looking for cigarettes. Oh well. I did have a groomsman hit on me at the afterparty, that was nice. He was totally wasted but its nice to pretend like you've still got it. Donny found out about a drink challenge the bartender had there and challenged him, but lost. It was a drink of various types of liquor and you had to drink it through a straw. Donny is more of a chugger. All and all, it was a good time. Those things usually are. Congratulations Nick and Lindsey! Have fun in the Bahamas!
A rare sight-Swampy O'Neals all dressed up
My tri-athlete aunt and her injury My uncle in his pimp suit and my grandpa My goofy aunts in the hummer limo before the wedding party came out My beautiful cousin and sister to the groom, Angie Her beautiful sister, Kathleen
This cake topper has been used since 1953-first at my grandparents wedding, then at most of the sisters and grandchildrens weddings. All the names and dates are written on the box.
The sisters, with Kathl standing in for her mother
A little bit (but not nearly all!) of the family
The family dancing
My cute mom
Donny losing the drink challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment