Friday, May 15, 2009

Bad Day

Boy, if I keep having days like this I'm going to have to start listening to "Sara" music. It started out alright; I've been sick all week and actually felt kinda good upon awakening. It was raining pretty hard but I like rain so even that was okay. Last week I made a decision to get rid of the litter box because our cats spend most of the day outside now, since we have the fence and all. They have done good. No accidents or mistakes, nothing. Well, this morning, because of the rain I guess, our older cat Grabby broke that record. I guess she didnt want to go out in the rain. I caught her in the act and when I yelled her name she turned her head, looked at me and I swear she scowled at me. At any rate, she did not stop what she was doing. So, I cleaned that up, we finished up the morning and when the sun came out I decided to go look for dresses for all the upcoming events we are to attend. As we were leaving, Justin decides its time to let Luke, our dog, out. The front door. Luke knows hes not supposed to go out that door, so when he saw it being held open for him he bolted. I was able to catch him with the help of a neighbor, who I had not met yet but got to meet this morning so I guess that was good. I carried him back home (hes not light either), wiped off the sweat, reapplied some makeup and we went out. I found some great steals; quite a successful trip. I decided to take Justin to Chick-fil-a because he was so good in the stores. We went in and Justin immediatly ran to the play area. I followed him, told him to remove his shoes and then went to order. Mind you, I've done this a hundered times with no problems at all. I placed my order and my card was declined. I could not understand this, since I had just purchased 2 dresses and 2 pairs of shoes and knew that the card worked. But it was a no go. I said fine, let me go to an ATM and went to go get Justin. When I entered the play area, all the children were up in the climbing area, looking out into the restaurant. I saw Justins clothes in a pile on the floor. I scooped them up and began to call for him but there was no answer. I asked the kids "Is he up there?" There was no reply. I called for him again and the door opened and there was a lady with Justin-wearing nothing but a diaper and a grin. She said "Looks like he got out!" I could have died. I quickly dressed him and left the restaurant with my head down. About this time Justin started crying for his chicken. I could not get out of there fast enough. Once I was in the car I phoned Donny in tears, telling him about the third place in town that we are now socially banned from. He tried to comfort me, but I knew that as soon as he hung up he and his buddies from work were going to have a pretty good laugh. I made it home and put Justin right to bed. He didnt even argue, it was as if he knew he had embarassed me in front of the entire Chick-fil-a dining area. When he woke he was as good as gold. I dont know why he cant be that way in public! We used to go to the library every Monday, but I removed us because he pushed the other kids. We used to go to gymnastics every Thursday but I removed him because he hit a little girl (that was strange, he used to love it then one day and from there on out he hated it). Now, Chick-fil-a. Thats a shame too, I really liked that place. I did find a nice dress for my brother-in-law's high school graduation tomorrow. It's red with black diamonds and squares all over it. Red and black are Assumptions colors, so that will be nice. And after Justin napped he was an angel, so I let him paint this time when he asked. Then I unknowingly stepped in some of it and tracked blue dots from the front room to the kitchen. Thank heavens it was watercolors. By 4:30 I decided it was time for a drink. Donny and I usually drink with friends on Friday, so I didnt see any problem with starting a bit early. I had a daiquri in the freezer left over from Mothers Day so I decided to drink that. But it was frozen solid. I decided to blend it, but the cup was frozen to the drink. So I peeled of the cup and dumped the whole thing in the blender, added a splash of margarita mix, OJ (always add a splash of OJ, it really tops it off) and the Cuervo of course and blended the perfect margarita. Perfect except for the little piece of styrafoam that got caught up in the mix. I tell you what, I drank that shit anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment